Last Updated: June 12, 2018
1. Questions; Contacting Walking with Purpose.
Walking with Purpose, Inc.
15 E. Putnam Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830
Attn: Customer Service
2. User Consent.
3. A Note About Children.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has submitted Personal Data to Walking with Purpose, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
4. A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding the processing of Personal Data may be less protective than the laws in your country. By providing your data, you consent to such processing and transfer.
5. Types of Data We Collect.
“Personal Data” means data that, by itself, allows someone to identify or contact you as an individual, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons and that is not associated with or linked to Personal Data. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
- If you register for a general account, we will collect your username, first and last name, e-mail address, address, phone number, account type, password, and your relation to any parish or company when you create an account to log in to our Services.
- If you register for our leadership program, we will collect your username and e-mail address when you create an account to log in to our Services.
- When you order courses or merchandise and/or make a donation, we will collect information necessary to process your order or donation, as applicable, such as your shipping and billing information and payment information.
- When you enter a promotion (e.g. a giveaway), we will collect your contact information and any other information you provide in connection with your entry.
- If you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter, we will collect your e-mail address.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your first and last name, e-mail address, and zip code, as well as any other content included in your e-mail to us, in order to send you a reply.
- We will also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site or Services that state that Personal Data is being collected.
(b) Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) may collect information from your computer or device, including but not limited to:
- The date and time of your visit and the web pages, content, and advertisements you view and links you click on while navigating within our Services;
- Information about the type of content accessed via our Services;
- The site you visited before and after visiting our Site;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with your browser online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Search terms you enter using our Services or on a referral site;
- Information about your device such as your device type, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity, plug-ins, Internet domain, advertising identifiers, TCP configuration parameters, operating system, time zone and the names, versions and package IDs of software installed on your device; and
- Information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below).
- Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, that are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users.
- Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
(c) Information Collected from You About Others.
If you decide to invite a third party to visit our Site or use our Services, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database.
(d) Information Collected from Third Party Companies.
We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site. For instance, if you register for one of our events through Event Brite, we may collect your Personal Data to enable you to participate in our event and to add you to our mailing list.
6. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, aid us in serving you better, and improve our Site and Services. We and our authorized service providers may use your Personal Data in various ways, including to:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide our Services;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- measure and analyze audience traffic and improve the quality of your experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
- display and/or send surveys, newsletters, and other promotional materials;
- administer our events and promotions;
- contact you to follow up on a request you made regarding our Services, including without limitation, our leadership programs and parish programs;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, comply with applicable law, and enforce the terms of any agreements we may have with you; and
- for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
(b) User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her Personal Data along with the testimonial.
(c) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Data.
8. Third Party Payment Processing.
For online payments and/or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payouts, we use the payment services of PayPal (http://www.paypal.com). We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer to https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
9. Third-Party Websites.
10. Your Choices Regarding Information.
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
(b) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Services. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
(c) Google Analytics. You may prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
(d) Accessing, Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may access and/or change any of your Personal Data in your account by logging in and editing your Personal Data/Profile within your account or by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.