Title: Merchandising Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Location: NY, NJ, CT
Part-time hourly / contractor; approx 10-15 hours per week (remote)
The Merchandising Coordinator for Walking with Purpose is a self-motivated individual who will oversee the procurement of branded/custom products to be sold on our eCommerce site and at events. The products that will be carefully sourced by the Merchandising Coordinator will compliment the existing WWP Bible study product line, thereby extending our popular brand to new products that will delight our target audience and result in new product sales.
As the WWP Merchandising Coordinator, you will research, identify, buy and customize products for WWP to resell, and you will be required to negotiate deals with vendors to buy large quantities of products that can branded and resold individually, at the right price for our market. Your ability to perform accurate market research and competitor analysis in order to identify products that our customers will love will be critical to your success.
Ideally, our Merchandising Coordinator lives in the New York Metro market and can be very productive working from home and via video conferencing. Our Merchandising Coordinator is smart and resourceful, with strong negotiation skills and the ability to confidently present new product ideas to senior management.
- Identify customer preferences and be knowledgeable of consumer trends.
- Discover and purchase new products to feature WWP branding and messaging.
- Evaluate supplier options according to prices, quality, etc. and determine the best choices.
- Negotiate terms of agreements to achieve the best deals with multiple vendors.
- Ensure the timely delivery of products and compliance with the contracts of purchase.
- Create reports on sales, budgets and customer satisfaction and adjust strategies accordingly
- Communicate often and openly with cross-functional stakeholders so all are informed of product status and other activity with your products.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Analytical Skills: You will be working with multiple vendors to determine the best deals for WWP, and will have to evaluate the many pros and cons of each, based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors
- Decision-Making Skills: You will need to use the information you have gathered to make decisions on behalf of WWP
- Math Skills: Basic math skills will be needed to analyze prices and get the best deals possible
- Excellent problem solving, negotiating and presentation skills
- Ability to travel occasionally to interface with stakeholders
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and remotely in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient knowledge and use of MS Office and Google Docs/Sheets
- Flexibility and a can-do attitude to be successful in an entrepreneurial environment
Experience and Education
- Proven work experience in merchandising/procurement
- Experience working with vendors to produce high-quality, custom branded products
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business or related field
- Non-profit and/or ministry experience a plus
Founded in 2008, Walking with Purpose (WWP) is an established non-profit that develops and delivers Bible studies for adult women, young adult women, and middle school girls. Our mission is to help every Catholic woman and girl in America to open her heart to Jesus Christ.
WWP is the perfect place to work for the right person. With your professional expertise, our remote work environment and a ministry that it is impacting the lives of thousands of Catholic women across the US, we believe that there is no better place to work.
Hourly rate based on commensurate experience
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org