Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Metro New York | Full Time Leadership Role + Work from Home
This leadership role is responsible for driving operational excellence at Walking with Purpose through best in class management of product operations (production + supply), finance, human resources and technology. Reporting directly to the CEO, this seasoned executive has proven operations experience in all aspects of the day-to-day running of a thriving organization entering a significant growth stage. The ideal candidate is ready to step into all four functional areas with confidence and experience.
Ideally our Chief Operating Officer lives in the New York Metro market and is very productive working from home and via video conferencing. This operational leader is experienced at working effectively in a growth environment and is smart, resourceful and an out-of-the-box thinker, who loves and appreciates working on a successful team and the unique role that she/he plays on that team. This leadership opportunity requires regular travel to Greenwich, Connecticut to meet with CEO.
The ideal candidate has been a participant in a Walking with Purpose study and is seeking to leverage his/her professional and leadership skills toward the support and growth of the ministry.
Experience and Education
- 10+ years business leadership experience including operations, finance and technology assignments
- Managed a team of direct reports in one or more of these functional areas
- Experience with product production
- Ability to deliver excellence in logistics and fulfillment while driving efficiencies in transportation
- Experience managing technology in a high growth environment ranging from salesforce to production management and team productivity tools
- Ability to deliver on financial objectives via team leveraging sound analysis and strategic thinking
- Overseeing Human Resource function including recruitment, onboarding new employees, people operations, employee reviews, etc.
- A. or B.S. in business, publishing or a similar degree or equivalent work experience; MBA a plus
The COO will have four (4) core responsibilities:
Lead the production function for WWP mentoring both the Content Production and Supply teams. Drive excellence and inspire the Content Production Team and the Supply Planning Manager to successfully deliver WWP product on time and on budget.
Lead maintenance and ongoing stability of WWP systems. Improve coordination of data sharing and integration with Salesforce. Insure data quality maintained with successful record de-duping where necessary. Provide customer information and lists for campaigns to WWP team as needed. Note: Donor Information is owned by Advancement Lead and not a responsibility of Operations.
Finance Planning & Accounting
Lead budgeting, tax prep, sales and use tax, insurance, workers compensation, monthly statements and reconciliation to budget, ad hoc financial analysis, operations administration and donor deposits. Collaborate with WWP leadership team as one of key architects of annual plan.
Lead people excellence through execution of payroll, benefits, 401k, creation and implementation of annual review process, creation and maintenance of personnel files for each employee, HRSM ownership, identification and recruitment of the best talent following the Topgrading Methodology. Mentor and inspire HR Specialist.
- Proven leadership of business, people and culture
- Experience creating growth in business and organizations through excellence in strategy rooted in analytics and insight
- Leader rich in resourcefulness and initiative while also being agile, adaptable and hungry for growth
- Ability to empower and build teams leading them through both the day to day as well as seasons of change.
- Humble as well as smart.
Walking with Purpose (WWP) transforms the hearts and lives of women by providing Bible studies that enable women to know Christ through Scripture and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. Founded in 2008, WWP is an established non-profit that develops and delivers Bible studies to reach: adult women, young adult women, and middle school girls.
WWP is the perfect place to work for the right person. With your professional expertise, our remote work environment and a ministry that it is impacting the lives of thousands of Catholic women across the US, we believe that there is no better place to work.
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.